Why PADI Search and Recovery Diver?
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost treasure? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization) OR
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver AND PADI Underwater Navigation certifications (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You'll also cover limited visibility, search patterns and safe object recovery using lift devices.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 24 hours
- Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days
What will I need?
- Search and Recovery-Pak, which includes manual, video and log insert
What will it cost?
- $200 plus course materials
Where can I go from here?
Your Adventures In Diving Search and Recovery Adventure Dive may count toward this Specialty certification at instructor discretion. This specialty can also be used as one of five Specialty certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification. If you want to learn how to find things underwater, visit us.