What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach PADI DIgital Underwater Photography Specialty after successful completion of the Specialty Instructor course
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What do I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- At least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
How long will it take?
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
What materials are needed?
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Adventures in Diving Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Your current Log Book
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Manual-"A.W.A.R.E. Our World-Our Water"
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner: both RDP table & e-RDP-ML and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
What does the course cost?
- $675 plus course materials and application fee
- $475 eLearning completed plus course materials and application fee
- $800 Private AI eLearning completed plus course materials and application fee
**Private IDC'S available in Orland Park. If you have a group we can schedule an IDC, at your facility!**
We are approved for VA benefits
Instructor-level continuing education courses available following every IDC!
Accommodations near Orland Park:
Just mention you are with Scuba Emporium for special rates!
Wingate by Windham-Tinley Park (708) 614-6914
Comfort Inn & Conference Centre-Orland Hills (708) 403-1100
Super 8 Motel - Mokena (708) 479-7808